Summer school date: 19-22 August
Venue: Kutaisi, Georgia
Application Deadline: July 2, 2023
Course Delivery: in person
FutuReg in collaboration with four youth organizations from the Visegrad countries and Georgia is delighted to announce the opening of applications for the summer school titled “Youth for Building Sustainable Communities”. This summer school is part of the project “Experience Exchange among V4 and Georgian Youth for Building Sustainable Communities,” supported by the Visegrad Fund. The project aims to equip youth with skills, knowledge, and practical experience to foster sustainable development in their respective communities. See detailed information HERE.
As part of the summer school, participants will have the opportunity to engage in a thematic contest. The winner of the contest will be rewarded with a paid fellowship at FutuReg.
Summer school program
The summer school program encompasses a comprehensive curriculum that delves into five key topics. These topics include:
– Introduction to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
– Localising SDGs: Implementing Sustainable Development at the Local Level
– Best Practices of Developing Sustainable Communities from V4 Countries and Georgia
– Participation for Innovation: Engaging Youth in Sustainable Development
– Sustainability through Experience Exchange and Education: Promoting Sustainable Practices
Who can apply?
– Youth between the ages of 18 and 29
– Youth from Georgia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia
– Individuals with a strong interest in sustainability issues
– Youth proficient in English (Minimum B2 Level)
We encourage young people from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their academic or professional field, to apply for this summer school. Whether you are a student, a young professional, an activist, or a changemaker, if you are passionate about sustainable development and community building, we welcome your application.
Participation in the program is completely free of charge. All expenses related to international and domestic travel, accommodation, and meals throughout the duration of the summer school will be fully funded
How to apply?
To express your interest, please submit your curriculum vitae (CV) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) in English to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is July 2, 2023, at 18:00
The selected candidates will be notified within two weeks after the deadline. In case it is necessary, online interviews can be arranged for further evaluation.